Lead Software Engineer
We dream it. You engineer it. We know that vision without action is just that – a dream. This is why we’re seeking a Lead Software Engineer, who’ll work with our team of engineers designing and developing applications for our zeroXess platform, powered by the Linux operating system. You’ll need to know more than simply how to code. In addition, have an appreciation of the platform’s nuances; the different implementation options available; and a strong understanding of the patterns and best practices that revolve around such a platform.
Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design and build functionality for zeroXess.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and deliver development requirements and features.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Implement APIs and user interface changes efficiently.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs, ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications.
- Help maintain code quality and organization.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 5+ years professional experience and proficiency developing for a Linux Environment
- 3+ years Android Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven leadership ability and desire to oversee, as well as mentor our Software Development Team
- Willingness to enforce organization standards and spearhead new procedures as needed
- Ability to effectively document project progress and relay that information to various stakeholders
- Strong Web Stack knowledge, plus API design and implementation
- Proficiency working with MongoDB
- Experience with REST architectures
- Experience with source control, continuous integration, and deployment development
- Experience developing software, with thorough testing in mind
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Excellent work ethic and good reading, writing, listening and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Internet of Things (loT)
- Can work independently, without close supervision
- Passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for our company’s vision to plug in the world