Supply Chain Manager
If your motto is: keep your friends close, your enemies closer and your suppliers closest, then we’d like you to join our team as our Supply Chain Manager. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the global procurement, planning, sourcing and manufacturing requirements (materials, supplies and/or services) for our company in accordance with standard operating procedures. Job focus will be on developing supply chain strategies, driving the globalization of sourced products and reducing expenses through various materials cost reduction strategies.
Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Generate a “Buy Plan” that includes all materials, supplies and/or services required to support our company’s production plan.
- Establish sources of supply, materials and/or services quality, as well as negotiate price and on-time delivery.
- Evaluate bids, as well as select and recommend suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers meet quality and applicable regulatory/compliance requirements by initiating appropriate action, when deficiencies are identified.
- Monitor inventory levels, communicate variances and adjust accordingly. • Participate in gap analysis, development of business processes, training and documentation.
- Execute purchase orders to support the “Build Plan.” Additionally, review purchase requisitions and place orders with approved suppliers for routine and more complex purchases.
- Provide pricing in support of Business Development efforts and collaborate with this group to identify and manage technology partnerships and sponsorships.
- BA/BS degree in a business, technical or related area preferred, with five years manufacturing experience in a material planning/purchasing function.
- Previous sourcing/purchasing/planning experience a must.
- Superior analytical, problem solving and financial modeling capabilities required to develop cost-savings proposals.
- Experience in negotiations, time management, conflict resolution, project management and organization.
- Organizational agility, excellent skills in accurate planning and process management, knowledge of materials management, purchasing concepts, procurement contracts and related laws.
- Outstanding leadership skills, including comfortable with leading commodity teams and managing agreement implementations in a complex environment.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, financial reporting and legal aspects of procurement.
- Experience with warehousing and distribution concepts and management.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable utilizing computers and accounting software. Knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of international manufacturing companies.
- Dedicated and willing to expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines.
Interested in this position? Email us a cover letter, telling us why you feel that you would be an excellent candidate for this position, as well as an updated copy of your resume. Send your correspondence to email@example.com and indicate in the Subject line: Supply Chain Manager. If this position is not exactly what you had in mind, perhaps you have a friend, family member or business associate who would be a perfect fit. If so, let us know, or send them this link. Thanks!